[BioPython] Biopython available for Macintosh

Brad Chapman chapmanb@arches.uga.edu
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 06:07:35 -0400

Hello all;
I'm very happy to announce that, thanks to the hard work of Yair
Benita <ybenita@mac.com> biopython should now work on
Macintosh.

Yair has compiled the biopython C extensions, and also compiled
necessary second party libraries (mxTextTools and Numeric). The
download with everything you need is available from the usual download
place:

http://biopython.org/Download/

If you are interested in biopython on the macintosh (pre OS-X
operating systems; it should work "out of the box" on OS-X), please
download this and give us some feedback. I'm very excited to have
biopython working on macs, and we'd like to make the code work as
smoothly as possible on all platforms.

Thanks again to Yair for his contribution. Enjoy!

Brad