[BioPython] Biopython added to course syllabus

Scott T. Kelley kelleys@ucsu.colorado.edu
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:41:04 -0800

I thought you might be interested to know about a course I am co-teaching in
the Spring here at the University of Colorado that includes Biopython. You
can see the course web page at:

http://mcdb.colorado.edu/courses/6440/index.html

We plan to make it a central feature of the course. Any chance for a new
version of Biopython before then? I've had trouble with the Genbank parser
lately with certain Genbank files. I tried downloading fixes from the CVS
but I get another error. After swapping the Genbank __init__.py and
genbank_format.py I try to use it and get the error:  unhashable type. Has
anyone else out there experienced the same problem?

Cheers! -Scott

Scott T. Kelley, Ph.D.
Campus Box 347
MCD Biology