[BioPython] Re: BioPython digest, Vol 1 #141 - 5 msgs

Alex Coventry alex_c@MIT.EDU
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 13:17:24 -0400 (EDT)

[Jeffrey Chang <jchang@SMI.Stanford.EDU>]
> Andrew, is there stuff in the C code that we can use, and works well
> with the stuff we already have?  It would be nice to get a quick
> speed-up, if it's general and easy to integrate.

Hi.  I'm the guy that wrote the stuff you're discussing.  If it would
make things easier, I would be happy to help integrate it into
biopython.  However, someone in the newsgroup thread also mentioned some
other C code that does the same thing, and which is apparently optimised
for speed.  I haven't benchmarked it, but you might be better off
swig'ing and using that.

Alex.