[BioPython] pending developmental release

Brad Chapman chapmanb@arches.uga.edu
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:00:06 -0400

> There's enough stuff in biopython now that we can start developmental
> releases available in formats other than CVS.

Thats sounds like a great idea!

> Brad, I would
> like to make a simultaneous release of the CORBA stuff.  Please let
me
> know if that will be possible.

Yeah, I don't see a problem with that as long as it is near the later
part of next week. I have some stuff to clean up and also a few ideas
I want to try (which might make omniORB work) but just let me know a
date, and I can make it without a problem.

> Eventually, I want to start moving toward an alpha 0.9 release.
Before
> then, we need to:
> - finish Seq/SeqFeature interface
> - add BLAST access over WWW
> - add PDB parser (Andrew's UPDB?)
> - add regression tests
> - finish documentation
>
> If you're interested in taking one of these on, please let me know!

Jeff, if you want help with docs, this would be something I would be
happy to work on, so just let me know what your plan is for that and
what I can do.
    BTW, Jason (from Bioperl) and I have started working on
documentation for biocorba, so I hope that will be done by the time we
are ready for the alpha release.

Brad