[BioPython] Re: Bioperl-guts: web archive flaky? (fwd)

Jeffrey Chang jchang@SMI.Stanford.EDU
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 12:49:15 -0800 (PST)

Anyone have any mailman experience, and could help bioperl move their
mailing lists over from majordomo?

Jeff

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 14:55:48 -0500
From: Chris Dagdigian <CDagdigian@genetics.com>
To: vsns-bcd-perl-guts@lists.uni-bielefeld.de
Subject: Re: Bioperl-guts: web archive flaky?

There are some scripts available for migrating from archived
majordomo lists over to mailman-based lists so it is not
unfeasable to eventually migrate all of the bioperl lists
(archives & all) from heidelberg over to our server.

Of course the scripts are probably written in python
so we'd have to get some assistance from the
biopython folks.

-chris

>>> Ewan Birney <birney@ebi.ac.uk> 02/13 9:17 PM >>>

Georg - I hope you are tuned in on this -

the web archive on the guts list looks distinctly flaky or
the hypermail script is not being run as regularly as before.

Although I love the mailman interface for the biopython/biojava
lists, I think the bioperl archives are impressive just for their
breadth going back. Sometime I guess we should move, but not quite

anyway - what's up georg?

Project URL: http://bio.perl.org