[BioPython] Initial python server/client

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:41:11 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Brad Chapman wrote:

> Hello all!
>     On behalf of the biopythoners, I've been working on our part of
> trying to get things working with Ewan's proposed idl for
> Bioperl/python/java intercommunication. I just sent my initial humble
> attempts at this to Jeff, so hopefully he'll be able to check it into
> cvs for me so anyone who wants to can check it out.

You should get a read/write a/c. Jeff/Andrew if that is ok with you,
I don't think there should be any barriers for people coming in.

Brad - send me your prefered username etc...

>     So far I've got the following things accomplished:
>
> 1. Created a simple server that just returns the appropriate type of
> objects (since there isn't a code base in biopython to back up the
> idl). The server supplies a 'PrimarySeq' object, like the initial
> bioperl server.
>
> 2. Created a client that tests out the python server.
>
> 3. Created a second client to test out the initial bioperl server and
> managed to successfully talk with bioperl (yay!).

Wayhay. Sounds great! I want to try this asap...