[BioPython] anonymous CVS available!

Jeffrey Chang jchang@SMI.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 18:58:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello everybody,

This mailing list has been quiet of late, and I apologize for that. The
good news is, there has been a lot of work going on in the CVS repository!
I've added the code for the sequence class Andrew proposed a few months
ago and have started work on parsers for Blast, Fasta, and SwissProt.  So
far, Fasta is the most complete.

This is now all available through anonymous cvs.  Go to:
http://cvs.biopython.org/
for instructions on how to get it.

Thanks to Chris Dagdigian for setting this up!

Please download the code and take a look around.  I would like to make a
0.01 release in the next month.  Here's a list of things that still need
to be done before then:
- NamedSequence class
- Annotations on sequences
- BLAST
  o Heavyweight/Lightweight consumers
  o Heavyweight/Lightweight records
  o scripting front end
  o compatibility with 2.0.11
- FASTA
  o random access within a file
  o Record to NamedSequence converter
- SWISSPROT
  o consumer
  o iterator
  o random access
- index files
- documentation
- testing code
- online bug database

If you see something here you'd like to work on, please let me know.
Also, if there's something you'd like to add, that would be great too!

Thanks,
Jeff