[BioPython] FreeBSD port of BioPython

Brad Chapman chapmanb@arches.uga.edu
04 Aug 2000 12:17:40 EDT

Johann wrote:
> I submitted a FreeBSD port of the first developer's release of
> BioPython for inclusion in the FreeBSD ports tree.

Very cool! Thanks for doing this. As a FreeBSD user I realize how nifty
the ports system is, and it is very nice to have it included there.

> Yesterday I submitted an update of the port to -d02, though this has
> not yet
> been committed - it will probably happen this weekend.

Thanks also for keeping it updated. My only reason for not using the
ports system more is that many times versions in the ports system end up
being horribly old. It is really great that you are committed to keeping
it up to date.

> It also means
> that BioPython should go out on the official FreeBSD CDs as of the
> nextrelease (only scheduled for November, I believe) and will be
available
> for installation by the user from the initial OS installation menus.

Well if that's the case we should work hard to have an official release
out by then :-). I better get back to documentation writing!

Thanks again!

Brad