[Biopython-dev] Adding overall coverage to blast-xml

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 11 20:14:14 UTC 2017

Hi John, CC Bow,

Is this information in any of the BLAST output formats?

I suspect you are talking about recreating one or more
of the coverage fields which can be requested in the
BLAST csv or tabular output files formats? i.e. qcovs
or qcovhsp perhaps?

If so, I can see a rational for computing this for the
BLAST XML parsing... although given we'd like to
push people towards SearchIO (which supports the
BLAST tabular format as well), doing it there might
make more sense than in NCBIXML?

Peter