[Biopython-dev] Proposition for Biopython 2

Patrick Kunzmann padix.kleber at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 08:40:44 UTC 2017

Dear Biopython community,

I decided to put the proposed Biopython 2 code base into an separate
project for the time being. The main reason for this are the clarity
issues that have bothered me lately: Although distinguishing Biopython
and the proposed Biopython 2 would be easy on GitHub (different repos)
and relatively easy on PyPI (version identifier), I think confusions
could occur in other contexts (e.g. in the mailing list or
StackOverflow). Therefore, the project is continued unter the name
'Biotite'. The repository was moved into a separate GitHub organisation
and can be found at https://github.com/biotite-dev/biotite . The project
is still licensed under BSD 3-clause so potentially a project merge is
still possible at a later point.

Best regards,
Patrick