[Biopython-dev] Ideas for Biopython 2.0

Patrick Kunzmann padix.kleber at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 09:46:50 UTC 2017

Dear Biopython developers and users,

Biopython exists now for more than one decade and with time age-related
ailments sneaked into the code: A lot of different modules accumulated
in the top level package, some of them not maintained for more than 5
years; the module naming and documentation style is inconsistent; a lot
of code is not optimized for modern (scientific) Python.

In the attached PDF I present my idea of an endeavor for Biopython
modernisation. I would be glad to receive feedback and further
suggestions from you.

Best regards,

Patrick Kunzmann