[Biopython-dev] Planning to drop Python 2 support by 2020?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 15 10:57:34 UTC 2017

My fellow Biopythoneers,

I've only seen positive replies, so I propose to add this
commitment to the README.rst file, FAQ in the Tutorial,
and NEWS.rst entry for upcoming biopython 1.70 release.

Let's say at the start of next week if no one objects?

We can then ask to have Biopython added to the
http://www.python3statement.org/ site (using the new
logo - yay!).

We can also include this in the Biopython Project Update
2017 talk at BOSC next month.

Regards,

Peter