[Biopython-dev] Writing protein records in Swiss-Prot format

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Mon Dec 25 16:05:10 UTC 2017

Peter writes:

> I don't recall anyone asking about this, so there doesn't seem to be
> much need for it. And perhaps because of this, no one has ever
> written the code to do it. I've only ever needed to read these files.
>
> Why do you need Swiss aka SwissProt aka UniProt DAT format
> output?

I guess we should just use GenBank format.

Traditionally (which in this case means: using BioPerl) we have been
using SwissProt format when writing protein records, so I was just
trying to do the same in BioPython, without any deeper thought going
into it :-)

  Thanks for the reply & merry christmas,

    Adam

--
 "There are forty people in the world and five of them        Adam Sjøgren
  are hamburgers."                                       asjo at koldfront.dk