[Biopython-dev] Writing protein records in Swiss-Prot format

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 25 22:23:18 UTC 2017

Thanks for the explanation.

Note I have sometimes needed to *filter* a SwissProt
format file, and you can do this via SeqIO's index
get_raw functionality (grab the original raw record
as a string, and save it to a file as is). There's an
example of this in our Tutorial, see the section
"Getting the raw data for a record":

http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html

Peter