[Biopython-dev] Retiring our old RedMine bug tracker

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 21 09:03:23 UTC 2016

Thanks for volunteering Travis, Markus,

If old issues on RedMine can be closed as already fixed, that's
easy - just close them.

If old issues on RedMine seem relevant, copy as much information
as possible to a new issue on GitHub (because the old RedMine
will be shut down), and then mark the old issue on RedMine as
resolved with a link to the replacement issue on GitHub.

This means the RedMine issue count should reduce to zero,
at which point the old server can be turned off (assuming the
other projects have also finished migrating their old issues).

(email me if you need more permissions on RedMine to do this)

Bonus points: If you can find the original reporter's GitHub account,
then also @mention them on the new issue.

Adding a GitHub issue tag seems sensible, would something like
"From-RedMine" work?

Peter