[Biopython-dev] Documentation Status

Alexey Morozov alexeymorozov1991 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 12:45:10 UTC 2014

Not really, if the main bulk of documentation is to be stored in docstrings
or made from them automatically for every future release. These things go
untranslated for years for less common languages, cause problems with
non-ASCII characters and so on.

But I think that there is not much need for translated docstrings. At least
in Russia, everyone in IT/CS and nearly everyone in life sciences knows at
least some English. What I was talking about is multilingual wiki or at
least a few manuals, cookbooks and "Getting started"s, or maybe Biopython
workshop, because it may help bioinformatics teachers.