[Biopython-dev] Documentation Status

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 14 13:01:44 UTC 2014

Hi Alexey,

I would agree there is no need to translate the docstrings (and
there is no easy way to do it either at the source code level).
[Note we would like to have them all RST formatted to make the
API documentation prettier, i.e. using reStructuredText]

I would focus any translation efforts on the main Tutorial,
which is currently written in LaTeX:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/blob/master/Doc/Tutorial.tex

There are also user contributed "Cookbook" examples on our
wiki - would people want to translate any of these?
http://biopython.org/wiki/Category:Cookbook

And various people have written introduction slides for workshops
etc over the years, e.g. mine using *.rst on GitHub:
https://github.com/peterjc/biopython_workshop

Peter