[Biopython-dev] Biopython update talk at BOSC 2014

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 2 10:45:19 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Wibowo Arindrarto
<w.arindrarto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> We have had several updates since I last submitted the draft for our
> update in BOSC several weeks ago. Tiago and others has released
> version 1.64 (thank you :) ) and Evan is now officially on board with
> us for Google Summer of Code. These were some of the points that
> needed to be updated before we send our abstract for the final
> submission.
>
> I just updated the abstract on these revision points. And to make it
> easier for everyone to edit the raw TeX file, I decided to put it up
> in GitHub here:
> https://github.com/bow/talks/tree/master/2014/biopython.

Thanks.

We also talked about the authorship, and I think the general feeling
was to put "Wibowo Arindrarto, ..., and the Biopython contributors",
or was it just "Wibowo Arindrarto and the Biopython contributors"?

I've also just changed the setup.py description to say contributors
rather than consortium... not sure if I can change the PyPI page at
this point or not:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/c056f38b0ac9b261e72b249892f7009466bab64b

As an aside, to help Google Scholar tell this apart from past Biopython
update talks, I suggest we put 2014 in the title.

> (Do we have a place for this in the Biopython repo perhaps, though?
> I'm not sure if the main file should be in my account, so feel free to
> suggest other repos / places to host).
>
> Anyway, please don't hesitate to fork / submit PRs for any kinds of
> revisions / suggestions. I will submit the final version Thursday next
> week.

I was thinking of suggesting a new repository for this and the past
talk abstracts (and even slides), e.g.

https://github.com/biopython/bosc_talks