[Biopython-dev] Testings on Win 7 x64

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 24 21:31:27 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 9:13 PM, Manlio Calvi <manlio.calvi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Zheng,
>
> A failed manual import of scipy make me control what happened to my
> distro, the scipy was there (infact for some other math computation
> script it works) but for some reason wasn't used by biopython, however
> I reinstalled the last version available, rebuilt and retest and the
> problem disappeared.

Good :)

> Peter, the C modules instead I have no idea to how make them works,
> they're compiled and installed in place but seems that my snake's nest
> don't want to load it, I don't know why. Apparently they don't looks
> like an importable python module.

So Python 2.7 is working, but to confirm the C code is not
working for either Python 3.3 or Python 3.4 on your 64 bit
Windows 7 machine? Strange... I think we will need to wait
for someone else to have a go, perhaps Tiago - or I might
be able to borrow a machine...

Still, I would be pleased if we can have at least Python 2.7
running on your desktop as a buildslave?

Thanks,