[Biopython-dev] Biopython update talk at BOSC 2014

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 22:18:01 UTC 2014

Hi Bow,

The abstract looks good. It's great to see you're carrying the torch this
year.

In the second paragraph, the sentence beginning "New features since version
1.62" confused me. Should this be "New features *in* version 1.62"? My
recollection is that the listed features were actually introduced after
1.63, in which case that sentence would move to the end of the paragraph as
"new features since version *1.63*". I'm looking at:
http://news.open-bio.org/news/2013/08/biopython-1-62-released/
http://news.open-bio.org/news/2013/12/biopython-1-63-released/

Maybe you could streamline that paragraph to say that since BOSC 2013
Biopython has successfully supported Python 2 and Python 3 (and Pypy and
Jython 2.7) with a single codebase, and leave the details of the transition
for the talk. Then describe the other changes/enhancements. Also, in the
same paragraph: "various enhancements" could be swapped for "other
significant enhancements".

Cheers,
Eric