[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.63 beta - preparations

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 6 09:11:21 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Tiago Antao <tra at popgen.net> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> As previously discussed I would like to start preparing the beta
> version of 1.63.
>
> I would like to try to have a beta build somewhere between Sunday and
> Tuesday (this variation is mostly dependent on the availability of a
> suitable Windows machine), unless someone finds this timing not ideal.
>
> If anyone is thinking on committing new functionality (other than bug
> corrections, that is), please do inform the mailing list in advance.
>
> Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the first version NOT supporting
> Python 2.5. Therefore no attempts will be made of building on 2.5. If
> such is the case, I will also amend the Wiki page
> http://biopython.org/wiki/Building_a_release
>
> Thus Python versions supported will be 2.6, 2.7 and 3.3.

Yes (since 3.4 is still only in alpha).

Also this line will change now we don't call 2to3,

copy build\py3.3\dist\biopython-1.62.win32-py3.3.exe dist

to just:

copy dist\biopython-1.63.win32-py3.3.exe dist

Something else I think I should have done to the wiki page
is move epydoc nearer the start - it has often found issues
needing fixing.

Regards,