[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.63 beta - preparations

Tiago Antao tra at popgen.net
Tue Nov 5 21:22:04 UTC 2013

Dear all,

As previously discussed I would like to start preparing the beta
version of 1.63.

I would like to try to have a beta build somewhere between Sunday and
Tuesday (this variation is mostly dependent on the availability of a
suitable Windows machine), unless someone finds this timing not ideal.

If anyone is thinking on committing new functionality (other than bug
corrections, that is), please do inform the mailing list in advance.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the first version NOT supporting
Python 2.5. Therefore no attempts will be made of building on 2.5. If
such is the case, I will also amend the Wiki page
http://biopython.org/wiki/Building_a_release

Thus Python versions supported will be 2.6, 2.7 and 3.3.

I will follow all the steps on the wiki page above, that will mean
that I will bump (during the process) the version numbers and
documentation to 1.63 beta.

Feel free to correct me or add any pertinent information.

This concludes this message for your newbie 1.63 release manager,
Tiago