[Biopython-dev] Doing the Biopython 1.61 release next week?

Wibowo Arindrarto w.arindrarto at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:29:09 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

> I think we're overdue for a Biopython release now, and I would
> like to do this next week. There are still plenty more additions
> and enhancements waiting in the wings, but right now I just
> want any remaining bug fixes addressed.
>
> Are there any release blocking issues?

There's still one bug for Bio.SearchIO that I would prefer to be fixed
(https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3400). Is it possible to wait a
few more days (no later than next week I hope) to sort this bug out?

Also, since this is our first release with the
BiopythonExperimentalWarning, I was thinking maybe we can include some
modules that have been in the waiting line. One that I can think of
right now is Andrew's MafIO (re: the recent mention as well).
Considering that some people have started using it, maybe we can
release it under a BiopythonExperimentalWarning.

And later down the line, perhaps we can include Brad's GTF/GFF parser
(seeing that this is already included in the wiki, maybe it's a good
time to start considering where to put it)? Brad, if you don't mind,
perhaps we can start working on this as well.

Regards,
Bow