[Biopython-dev] [biopython] Fix flex library dependency of MMCIFlex; closes 2619 (#31)

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:18:17 UTC 2012

Hi Lenna,

Sorry for the delay, I thought I wrote this on the github pull request.

This may be a silly question, but do we have any unit tests for MMCIF?
I had a quick look yesterday and couldn't see any. I would be much
happier with a basic unit test so I can check the functionality before
and after your fix. Hopefully you can come up with a small data file
and a minimal bit of code to check the parser, which we can turn
into a new unit test, say test_MMCIF.py

Also should this work?

>>> from Bio.PDB import MMCIF2Dict
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "Bio/PDB/MMCIF2Dict.py", line 10, in <module>
    import Bio.PDB.mmCIF.MMCIFlex as MMCIFlex
ImportError: No module named MMCIFlex

[We can post-pone Python 3 support to a new issue]