[Biopython-dev] Extended Amino Acid Chains

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 07:59:52 UTC 2012

Hey Matthew, Rodrigo,

The only problem I see with incorporating such "feature" in Biopython is
that you would need a topology and parameters for the aminoacids and these
are often forcefield dependent. Therefore, the quantity of data to add to
the distribution would be quite big and you'd need someone to keep updating
it as ffs evolve. Or am I seeing this from a completely wrong angle?

Cheers,

João [...] Rodrigues
http://nmr.chem.uu.nl/~joao