[Biopython-dev] Contributing - description of my code [Sequence_cleaner]

Genivaldo Gueiros genivaldo.gueiros at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 01:18:30 UTC 2011

Hey guys , I ‘d like to make a contribution to Biopython community ,Well
what I wanna share my script using python to clean sequences up , you should
know analyzing poor data takes CPU time and interpreting the results from
poor data takes people time, so always is importat make a preprocessing.

Let me call my script as “Sequence_cleaner” and the big idea is to remove
duplicate sequences, remove sequence too short ( the user define the minimum
length)  and remove sequences which has too much unknown nucleotides ( N)  (
the user define the % of N is allows ) and in the end the use can choose if
he/she wanna have a file as output or print the result.

Let me know if you are interested

--
Cheers,
Geni