[Biopython-dev] Changed in C API

Dragoslav Zaric zaricdragoslav at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 10:03:30 UTC 2010

Dear Peter,

You write this:

"What I suggest you do first, is make sure you can get
the latest Biopython source code from git, compile it
under Python 2, and run the unit tests. Then try 2to3
and running the tests under Python 3 (see the README
file)."

Can you tell me how do I run unit tests in any python version ??

Are there unit tests for C modules or these tests cover everything ??

Kind regards

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Dragoslav Zaric
<zaricdragoslav at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do not worry Peter,
>
> I am writing from work, that is why I am using windows. At home I have
> two lap tops
> and both are Linux :) I do not have windows on any partition :)
>
> I use and developo only on Linux outside of main job.
>
> Ok, when I get home I will read
>
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PortingExtensionModulesToPy3k
>
> and start to work on
>
> Bio/Motif/_pwm.c
>
> Kind regards
>

> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Dragoslav Zaric
>> <zaricdragoslav at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Ok Peter,
>>>
>>> First it is my mistake that I was talking about python code upgrade.
>>> I understand that you want me to do C code upgrade, but at the
>>> end all should work together so this is why I looked at overall upgrade
>>> process.
>>>
>>> I have downloaded latest python source code and I have searched
>>> for .c files and .h files and this is what I have found:
>>>
>>> Bio\Cluster\cluster.c
>>> Bio\Cluster\clustermodule.c
>>> Bio\cMarkovModelmodule.c
>>> Bio\cpairwise2module.c