[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.56 release plans

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 17:13:33 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've mentioned in recent threads that I think we should try and
release Biopython 1.56 this month (November 2010).

I think the NEWS file is pretty up to date, and covers important
new functionality like Andrea Pierleoni's UniProt XML parser
and the IMGT support (with Uri Laserson).

Is there any other functionality which is ready for merging?

For example, Tiago - you've been doing lots of work on your
branch with the PopGen code. Is that code ready? I'm willing
to do the git merge/rebase.

Is there any reason to bother with a beta release this time?

If there are no pressing additions, I may be able to do the
release tomorrow - otherwise how about aiming for Thursday
or Friday next week (11 or 12 November)?

Regards,