[Biopython-dev] test_PhyloXML.py error on Python 2.4

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 13:05:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 6:55 AM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> I noticed that test_PhyloXML.py is failing on Python 2.4, it should
> be skipped since I don't have ElementTree installed. Have you got
> access to a Python 2.4 installation to look at this?

The traceback says the PhyloXML module is missing, but PhyloXMLIO and the
rest of Bio.Phylo are there. Is that normal? I would expect that PhyloXML
would still be installed with Biopython on Py2.4, but when the test runs it
would trigger a MissingExternalDependency error for ElementTree when
importing PhyloXMLIO, and run_tests.py would then skip it.

I don't have Py2.4 on this machine but I can track down a copy. (Annoyingly,
Ubuntu seems to have dropped Pythons 2.4 and 2.5 from the official repos in
Lucid Lynx.)

-Eric