[Biopython-dev] Another Biopython release?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 20:25:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Bartek Wilczynski
<bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Eric Talevich <eric.talevich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sounds good to me. Completing the Git migration would make it much easier
>> for me to maintain the Tree/TreeIO stuff, since I already have a few local
>> branches based on it that an upstream CVS duplication would mangle.
>
> Then maybe we should  wait with committing your changes to the
> time we drop CVS, in order to avoid loss of change history in your
> code... What do you think, Peter?

Yes, I was suggesting getting a final CVS release out soon,
and then look at merging all the new stuff (including Eric's
tree stuff) starting to pile up on github.

I knew Tiago has a lump of code ready to go, and as we have
just discussed, as he would prefer to check that in via CVS.
So, Tiago will do that (this Friday), then we'll do the final CVS
release next week, and then switch to git - and start to focus
on merging in new stuff.