[Biopython-dev] history on github - where are the tags?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue May 12 17:14:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Bartek Wilczynski
<bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>> I take that back - I added an email address of just "peterc" to my
>> github account (it seems they don't do any validation, perhaps for
>> this very reason?).  This had no immediate effect, but one day later
>> and all my CVS commits are now shown with my photo in github.  Neat -
>
> great

That seems to have stopped working now - no idea why, "peterc" is
still listed an one of my email addresses on my github account, but my
github account is no longer linked to commits in Biopython.  Odd.

Do you think it would be straight forward for your CVS to git
conversion to map the CVS usernames to github usernames for future
commits (so as not to alter the currently published history)?