[Biopython-dev] history on github - where are the tags?

Bartek Wilczynski bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org
Tue May 12 18:23:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> That seems to have stopped working now - no idea why, "peterc" is
> still listed an one of my email addresses on my github account, but my
> github account is no longer linked to commits in Biopython.  Odd.

It seems to be OK again. Maybe it was temporary ?

> Do you think it would be straight forward for your CVS to git
> conversion to map the CVS usernames to github usernames for future
> commits (so as not to alter the currently published history)?

It would be straightforward to add a mapping to the conversion, but I
think it would affect the whole history...

I was thinking that the mapping was going to change when we finally
switch to git. Then it would be a natural cause of events...
Otherwise, we would have another step in our transition. Whether it's
worth doing it, depends on how long we expect to be in the transition
between CVS and git.

cheers
Bartek