[Biopython-dev] Testing Biopython with NumPy 1.3

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 10:26:09 UTC 2009

Hi all,

NumPy 1.3 is about to be released, so we should try and make sure the
forthcoming
Biopython 1.50 release works with it.  Of particular interest, this
will be the first version
of NumPy to support Python 2.6 on Windows, so we will hopefully be
able to include
a Python 2.6 Windows installer for Biopython 1.50 :)

There is a release candidate out for NumPy 1.3, but so far no Windows
installer for
Python 2.6, but in the meantime I've just tried the NumPy 1.3 beta
release instead.
The good news is everything seems to compile with MinGW, but unfortunately
test_Cluster.py is failing on the second line of
Bio/Cluster/__init__.py, "from cluster
import *".  This could be a hiccup with NumPy itself - I am using
their beta after all,
or perhaps they have changed something.

To try and narrow down the problem, has anyone else tried NumPy 1.3 (beta or
release candidate) with the latest Biopython from CVS (on any platform)?

Thanks,