[Biopython-dev] [Biopython] Bio.Sequencing.Ace

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 29 14:53:12 UTC 2009

On 6/29/09, Jose Blanca <jblanca at btc.upv.es> wrote:
> Hi:
> I'm doing similar things and I took a slightly different approach. Instead
> of using the ace parser api I've created a contig class and my parsers
> return contig objects. You can take a look at the code at:
> http://bioinf.comav.upv.es/svn/biolib/biolib/src/

Hi Jose,

Are you using Bio.Sequencing.Ace in your code, or did you write a whole
new parser instead?

Now that I have been using Ace files in my own work, I've been meaning
to look over your stuff. In some ways, a contig class can be seen as a
generalisation of a multiple sequence alignment class. Certainly this is
something we should improve in Biopython (as you might gather from
some of the enhancement bugs on bugzilla, I have lots of ideas for the
current alignment class), and I'm sure you have some great ideas too.