[Biopython-dev] SVN migration and Launchpad mirroring

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 16:29:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also favor the centralized system because I am not a Biopython developer
> but a tester. So getting the current version is essential to do that and I
> do not want to have to pull other people's code in to do that especially if
> it brings in new code not related to a fix.

In case there had been any confusion here, yes, even with a
distributed source code system, we do need some centralization.  i.e.
Even if we do end up with several developers having their own git
branches, we would have to have an "official" tree used for the
releases and installers published on Biopython.org (and this official
tree could potentially be CVS, SVN or git based).  Bartek has just
written an email saying more or less the same thing.