[Biopython-dev] Genetic Code

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Dec 6 14:55:24 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Matthias Bernt <MatatTHC at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The genetic codes you provide in Bio.Data.CodonTable are somewhat
> out of date. E.g. in the mitochondrial echinoderm (id 9) genetic code
> one start codon is missing.

Confirmed - could you file a bug please?
http://bugzilla.open-bio.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Biopython

It looks like we have only got Version 3.4 (based on a visual
inspection), but the latest version is Version 3.9. We should
just need to re-run the script to generate these. Also the
original URL noted in the Biopython source code of
ftp://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/misc/data/gc.prt is now
ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/entrez/misc/data/gc.prt