[Biopython-dev] test_ParserSupport.py

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 08:53:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Michiel de Hoon <mjldehoon at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bio.Emboss.Primer was also deprecated in 1.48 (replaced by Bio.Emboss.Primer3 and Bio.Emboss.PrimerSearch).

Thanks - I clearly didn't check carefully enough, I just read the CVS
comments.  I've made a slight revision to Bio.Emboss.Primer in CVS to
expand the module docstring (and say it is deprecated) plus moved the
deprecation warning above the Martel import (which would fail if
mxTextTools wasn't installed - meaning the deprecation warning wasn't
shown).

I *think* this means Bio.ParserSupport.EventGenerator is now only
being used in deprecated modules, so the lack of a unit test covering
this is less important.