[Biopython-dev] NumPy conversion / Bio.KDTree / Bio.Cluster.

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 13:23:53 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

I just committed a bunch of changes to Bio.Cluster, Bio.KDTree, and setup.py that deal with the old Numerical Python to new NumPy conversion. With these changes, Biopython should compile with NumPy; any remaining references to the old Numerical Python are at the Python-level only. Since these are rather big changes, please try with the current version of CVS to see if everything compiles cleanly and all tests pass. Comments, questions, suggestions are welcome.

I also uploaded a plain C (instead of C++) version of Bio.KDTree, and adjusted setup.py accordingly.

--Michiel.