[Biopython-dev] NumPy conversion roadmap

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:56:33 UTC 2008

Hi Michiel;

> Thanks!
> Those changes are for Bio.PDB, right? Bio.PDB being a heavily used
> module, your changes are very welcome. In a sense, Thomas has the last
> word on changes to Bio.PDB, since he wrote the module, but if there
> are no objections from Thomas then feel free to submit your changes to
> CVS.

Yes, these handle PDB and all other Numeric modules. The changes are
not to the code but rather to the imports so rather slight. We can
move forward from here to a full port to NumPy if desired, but this
should give the same functionality but allow people to have the up
to date NumPy libraries.

I checked everything in now so it should appear in CVS now. Let me
know if there are any problems, and feel free to improve on these
changes as y'all find best.

Thanks,
Brad
--