[Biopython-dev] NumPy conversion roadmap

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Wed Sep 10 20:26:13 UTC 2008

Hi all;
Congrats on the 1.48 release. Great stuff.

Michiel, I wanted to follow up on your NumPy conversion plans. I
have those NumPy changes discussed on the main list earlier this
month ready to check in, along with tests passing and documentation
changes and all those good things.

This does very basic conversions to NumPy using the compatibility
modules. It sounds like a good path would be for me to check these
changes in as a starting point and then you can go with your in
depth changes from there. Hopefully, this will save you some time finding all
the imports and that kind of fun.

Any objections? If not, I can get these in right away and you can go
from there.

Brad
--
Brad Chapman