[Biopython-dev] test_SVDSuperimposer.py

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 8 10:43:17 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Michiel de Hoon <mjldehoon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> When installing Numerical Python, run
>
> python setup.py config
>
> before build, install.
> (assuming you are using Numerical Python version 24.2).
>
> --Michiel.

I've checked and it is version 24.2 that is installed on the machine
in question.  I'm not sure if this was installed from source or via
the yum package manager, but Numeric seems to work.

$ python
Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Nov 23 2006, 18:40:28)
>>> import Numeric
>>> Numeric.__version__
'24.2'

I imagine if there was something seriously wrong with this Numeric
installation it would have shown up in other unit tests.  So it looks
like the version of Numeric isn't the issue.  Any other ideas?

I take it you've never had a problem with test_SVDSuperimposer.py getting stuck?

Thanks,