[Biopython-dev] Preparing for Biopython 1.48

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Sep 4 18:36:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Tiago Antão <tiagoantao at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>wrote:
>
>> This reminds me that I could/should make a PDF version of the BOSC
>> 2008 slides to go online here:
>> http://biopython.org/wiki/Documentation#Presentations
>>

> http://www.slideshare.net/tiago/bosc-2008-biopython
> Is there for a month, by I completely forgot to inform.

I spotted the slide share thing (it surprised me last year) and added
that to the wiki page already.

On to practical matters, I've just done a clean check out on Linux and
run the test suite, everything passes except these ones with external
dependencies:

test_GFF ... skipping. Environment is not configured for this test
(not important if you do not plan to use Bio.GFF).
test_PopGen_FDist ... skipping. Fdist not found (not a problem if you
do not intend to use it).
test_PopGen_SimCoal ... skipping. SimCoal not found (not a problem if
you do not intend to use it).
test_Wise ... skipping. sh: dnal: command not found
test_psw ... skipping. sh: dnal: command not found

I've never installed any of the PopGen tools - I presume these tests
are still OK on your machine(s) Tiago?

I've also never installed dnal, or setup whatever test_GFF wants.
Could anyone confirm these are OK?

I have run the BioSQL tests though.