[Biopython-dev] Bio.AlignIO and Bio.Entrez documentation

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 27 14:12:45 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've realised that there is quite a lot of new content in the Tutorial
since the last release.

In addition to my new chapter on Bio.AlignIO, Michiel and I have both
spent a good chunk of time on the Bio.Entrez chapter of the tutorial.
Michiel wrote the bulk of this chapter and has updated it to cover the
new XML parser.  I've just been adding information based on the NCBI
guidelines (for example encouraging people to include their email
address in the Entrez calls), and I've just added another section with
an example using the history/webenv for a combined esearch and efetch.

If anyone could spare some time to proof read the tutorial,
concentrating on either or both of these new chapters (and trying the
examples) it would be appreciated.  Those of you with CVS access can
of course check in any little fixes - but if you spot anything
significant its probably worth discussing first.

Ideally we can fix any little typos before Michiel releases Biopython
1.46 (tentatively this Sunday, around noon GMT).

Peter

P.S. If you'd like to help out and can't read or run LaTeX, let me
know by email and I'll send you the latest edition of the tutorial as
a PDF or HTML file.