[Biopython-dev] NCBI Abuse activity with Biopython

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 23:20:49 UTC 2008

There are some other possibilities, for example to use the retout parameter. This parameter lets you choose between XML, HTML, plain text, ... format for the results. We could make the rule that without an explicit value for this parameter, the Bio.Entrez.e* functions return the parsed results.

If we're not sure what to do, I suggest we keep the search_for function in Bio.GenBank for the upcoming release, and take this issue up later.

--Michiel.