[Biopython-dev] biopython instructions for Mac OS X

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 26 18:32:56 UTC 2006

Hi,

I was reading your wiki page and noticed that the instructions for installing biopython on Mac OS X are quite elaborous. I would like to bring under your attention that it is very easy to install the package using the fink package manager (similar to debian, see also http://fink.sf.net). Fink will take care of getting the source tarballs and installing all additional packages needed for biopython. If you would like to add this to your wiki page, I can write a few sentences for this.

Also, does the most recent version of biopython work with python 2.5?

thanks,

- Koen.