[Biopython-dev] [BioPython] Distance Matrix Parsers

Marc Colosimo mcolosimo at mitre.org
Mon Jun 12 12:38:18 UTC 2006

[cross-posting to biopython-dev]

Chris,

Oops, didn't notice this was on the general biopython mailing list. I
think many of the developers also subscribe to this list, but just in
case I'm cross posting this.

Iddo pointed out the Bio.SubsMat, which I didn't know what  that
module did. One problem with names like that, but the API Docs are
helpful only when you look at them <http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/
api/public/trees.html> (Kuddos for those who add documentation).

Given Bio.SubsMat and the BioPerl Module, I would strongly consider
combining the Bio.SubsMat and the PhylipDist into a new Bio.Matrix
module. From a Phylo module, a function/class can always call the
Bio.Matrix classes.

Marc