[Biopython-dev] forward_complement, reverse_complement

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Mon Jun 14 03:14:37 EDT 2004

Bio/GFF/easy.py contains the functions forward_complement and
reverse_complement, which return the forward and reverse complement of a
sequence object. I had been looking for such functions in Biopython for a while,
but I assumed that they were not available as I didn't find them in Bio/Seq.py.
I'd like to propose to move those two functions there. Note that Bio.SeqUtils
contains similar functions that work on strings but not on sequence objects. Any
thoughts?

--Michiel.

--
Michiel de Hoon, Assistant Professor
University of Tokyo, Institute of Medical Science