[Biopython-dev] maintenance release

Jeffrey Chang jchang at jeffchang.com
Sat Sep 13 17:41:25 EDT 2003

Hello everybody,

It's about time to make a release that fixes the Martel install bug.
I've fixed this in the version in the CVS.  Could everyone please try
it out?  If things go smoothly, I'll make a release later this week.
The main changes in this version will be:

Martel - The setup script was not detecting that Martel would be
installed, and complained that it was missing.  This is now fixed.

EUtils DTDs - Brad fixed this in setup.py.  This will go into the
release.

Numeric Python - If numeric is missing, Bio.Cluster does not compile.
Thus, the setup script now only install Bio.Cluster if Numeric is
installed.  I have documented this dependency in README.

There are also some other miscellaneous changes I've documented in the
NEWS file.

Also, test_Time.py in the Martel regression tests is failing.  Can
someone fix this?

Jeff