[Biopython-dev] Last chance to claim Dispatch bug fix

Cayte katel at worldpath.net
Fri Mar 29 18:39:48 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeffrey Chang" <jchang at smi.stanford.edu>
To: "Cayte" <katel at worldpath.net>
Cc: <biopython-dev at biopython.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 9:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Biopython-dev] Last chance to claim Dispatch bug fix

> Hi Cayte,
>
> Could you please describe your fixes in a little more detail?  For
> example, I'm not sure what you're planning on doing with _consumer in
> ParserSupport, or what problem it's trying to solve.  Also, for
> _consumer, are you referring to the member variable of the
> EventGenerator or SGMLStrippingConsumer, or something else?
>
> Jeff

  Yes I'm referring to the member variable of EventGenerator.
_parse_elements in Parser in Martel contains
a test where it checks the content handler to see if it is a subclass of
Dispatch.  The test does not work as intended because Event Generator is a
decorator not a subclass of Dispatch.  So I need to dive in and check
if EventGenerator._consumer is a subclass of Dispatch.  Its cheating to look
up underscored variables.  An accessor would be better.

  The fix works fine on my hacked up version at home.  But if I check in my
new parsers without the fix
someone will run the unit tests on the CVS code and ask why it doesn't work.

                                                                   Cayte