ARGHHH [Biopython-dev] changes

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 16 11:56:44 EST 2002

>How much easier do the
>2.1/2.2 features make your lives?  Where would you use them, and how
>much backwards compatibility would it break?

The features I use in 2.1 are:
  warnings - to generate warnings
  weakref - to build complex data structures that are appropriately
     garbage collected

The features I would like to use from 2.2 are:
  yield - can in cases be done with adapters, but there are a few
     places where it's nice
  iterators - have been using adapters, but it's nice

I would also like the new __slots__ mechanism in 2.2, but I've
been using __getattr__ tricks long enough that that comes naturally
to me; but not to others.

                    Andrew